Charisse Mills-CHAMPAGNE-Music Monday Feature Artiste
User Review( votes)
- Charisse Mills is a pop opera singer and songwriter.
- She is best known for her collaborations with artists Ne-Yo and French Montana, and for her vocal combinations of pop and opera, termed “pop’era
- Mills was born in Trinidad and Tobago before she moved to Queens, New York with her mother, Charmaine Mills
- XXL Magazine reported that Mills created her own genre of music with the combination of pop music and opera, called “pop’era.” In an interview with Soul Dynamic, Mills said she infused pop and opera to form “pop’era.
- Charisse Mills’ first single, “Champagne”, was written by Charisse Mills, French Montana, Warren Zavala and Brandon Howard and features hip-hop artist French Montana
- Mills has performed opera and R&B at Lincoln Center, in Times Square, and performed for Jesse Jackson’s seventieth birthday at Rainbow/PUSH
- Charisse Mills, along with Charmaine Mills, is the cofounder of C. Moi apparel. C. Moi sponsored the Princess Project, providing custom-made prom dresses to underprivileged youth
Source: Charisse Mills Bio
MISSION: To elevate the brand of Caribbean culture in the fields of MUSIC, BUSINESS and the ARTS by celebrating the work of cultural ambassadors while advocating for upcoming Caribbean talent1.