CASSI (Cassiano Sylvester)-Music Mondays Feature Artiste
User Review( votes)
You already know that he likes to wine on ‘town tings,’ and that attraction has left his hands full with ‘2 Dumplings.’ What you may not know, however, is that on his way to ‘town’ this talented soca artiste, Cassi (Cassiano Sylvester) encountered a few potholes* that encouraged him to create new paths for himself since his 2011 debut.
Since he burst on the scene in 2011 with the witty track, ‘Town Ting’, Cassi has continued to deliver. He followed up his 2011 hit, with songs like ‘Inside De Party’ in 2012, then ‘Whistle and Horn’ in 2013 and ‘Man in Yuh House’ in 2014. Things slowed down a bit when Cassi suffered an unexpected stroke in April 2015. According to an interview with EBuzz TT, ‘the unexpected health condition left him with a slightly twisted mouth and the task of learning to speak and eat again‘. But that did not stop him. He adjusted his lifestyle, learnt stress management skills and came back as a force to be reckoned with in 2016 with his calypso influenced song on the ‘Throwback Riddim’; ‘2 Dumplings.’ The 2BKaribbean team asked Cassi to share a few fun facts about himself with his fans. Check them out below.
- HIS FAVORITE FOOD:
- Give him some garlic fettucine or chicken pasta and Cassi is a very happy man.
- HIS FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY:
- As an avid pan enthusiast and versed double tenor pan player, his favorite memory is playing in the school steelband festival in 1993 for Malick Secondary.
- HIS BIGGEST MUSICAL INFLUENCE:
- His journey in the music industry has taught him to not only sing the words, but, to also live the words from one of the most influential musicians in his life ‘Robert Nesta Marley.’ ..‘Don’t worry about a thing…because every little thing is gonna be alright.’
- HIS LEAST FAVORITE FOOD:
- Do not give him porridge/oatmeal any day or any time of the week, month or year.
- HIS FAVORITE BEACH:
- A day chilling in the waters of Las Cuevas beach (on the Northcoast of the island of Trindad) is all he needs to reset and recharge.
- Bonus: NUMBER OF SIBLINGS:
- Six that he knows of……..but there may be more ;].
Tell us, what is your favorite soca song from Cassi?
Follow Cassi on Instagram as @doncassiano
(*pothole-a depression or hollow in a road surface caused by wear or subsidence.)
MISSION: To elevate the brand of Caribbean culture in the fields of MUSIC, BUSINESS and the ARTS by celebrating the work of cultural ambassadors while advocating for upcoming Caribbean talent1.