Top 5 Skills Of A Boss Carnival Make Up Artiste
It is less than two weeks to Carnival in fourteen Caribbean islands. The true Carnivalists already know that there are many components that go into completing the flawless ‘look’ that make for legendary pictures ‘on the road’ (and social media). That includes flawless make-up that completes the fantasy that is Caribbean Carnival. Here are the Top 5 skills that our voters are looking for in their Carnival make-up artiste of choice. Keep scrolling for some artistes to consider.
- A dirty makeup bag, brushes caked with old makeup, no makeup removal wipes or hand sanitizer are all red flags that you may not be dealing with a professional or at least someone who values hygiene as much as you do. Spot the red flags and leave as early as possible.
- Be on time, be courteous and provide quality service. It is the golden rules of any customer service professional. Your make-up artist is no exception.
- Champagne prices and dollar store makeup is unacceptable. Similarly, diamond taste and empty pockets are equally disagreeable. Find someone who meets your criteria but be sure to discuss the cost of the job before they even start.
- KNOWLEDGE OF SKINCARE
- Applying layers of foundation and makeup preceding a full day in the hot sun may not agree with your skin. Seek out a makeup artiste who understands the unique needs of your skin and applies make-up accordingly.
- Contrary to what YouTube tutorials may be telling you, applying makeup is an art form that requires skill and patience. Look for someone who understands how to blend colors and complement your skin tone when applying make-up.
MAKE UP ARTISTE PROFILE:
Makeup Magic consists of a team of highly trained makeup artists, photographers and hairstylists. The team is trained in all facets of the beauty industry from skincare to makeup, and they are inspired to touch the lives of women by helping them achieve their true potential in beauty. The team has a passion for bringing out the inner beauty by using the correct tools, styles, methods, application, colour, tone and texture.
@teammakeupmagic || https://www.makeupmagicmgb.com/
I worked with Giovanna on a recent photoshoot and highly recommend her work. Her professionalism and pleasant demeanor made a somewhat daunting experience very easy. She had just the right technique that accommodated my personal style and preference for a more natural look. She truly focuses on enhancing the beauty of existing features rather than hiding everything under pounds of make-up. Definitely someone to consider for your Carnival makeup needs.
By no means an exhaustive list, but a small collection of makeup artistes that come highly recommended from members of the 2BKaribbean family. Check out their instagram handles below and tell us about your experiences if you do happen to use their services.
MISSION: To elevate the brand of Caribbean culture in the fields of MUSIC, BUSINESS and the ARTS by celebrating the work of cultural ambassadors while advocating for upcoming Caribbean talent1.