Skinny Banton-The Soca Shakespeare-MUSIC MONDAY FEATURE ARTISTE
Today’s Music Monday Feature Artiste is the talented
- Skinny Banton was born in Trinidad & Tobago and is now residing in Carriacou, Grenada.
- His first major musical break came while supporting Marlon Asher “The Ganja Famer” on stage at the After Ours night club in Carriacou, 2005 where he received huge audience applause for his song, Mek A Deal.
- Like most artistes, Skinny Banton’s wet his musical toes at a school competition where his talent was well received by the audience
- Skinny Banton describes his style as Ragga.
- His school friends gave him the moniker, Skinny Banton because he reminded them of a much thinner version of Buju Banton.
- As a versatile artist, he experiments with reggae and soca, but found a creative niche in soca, with Slinger Francisco, the legendary, ” Mighty Sparrow” being one of his greatest influences.
- In 2011, Skinny Banton won his first People’s Choice title and then consecutively in 2012 and 2013.
- He won the 2012 Soca Monarch Competition in the Tri-state of Grenada, Carriacou and Petit Martinique, and in 2013 he was crowned the Road March King. The sky is the limit as this artist continues to distinguish himself on an international level.
For more information:
www.skinnybantonmusic.com || Twitter || Instagram : @skinnybanton
Which Skinny Banton song do you want to hear at SpiceMas 2016 (August 8th)- African Inna We or Jab Forever?
MISSION: To elevate the brand of Caribbean culture in the fields of MUSIC, BUSINESS and the ARTS by celebrating the work of cultural ambassadors while advocating for upcoming Caribbean talent1.