Bodine Johnson || Music Monday Feature Artiste
WHO IS BODINE JOHNSON?
- Bodine Johnson has been described as the next Carmen Miranda of The Bahamas as it relates to her culturally inspiring performances, unforgettable stage presence and entrancing lyrics.
- Bodine has designed her own clothing line ‘Everyday Island’ and penned the stage-play ‘The Gaulin Bride’.
- The talented young woman has also been a youth ambassador, having performed on local, regional and international stages as a singer, poet and actress.
- She has opened for international acts such as Sheila Rae Charles, Vaughn Anthony and Jagged Edge
- The energetic artist’s Soca and Junkanoo infused release, ‘All Day All Night‘ placed fourth in the inagural Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival Music Masters Competition 2015.
- She was once the winner of the Cindy Thompson’s Miss Teen Bahamas Talent competition with a rendition of poetry called, ‘Mr. Politician’.
- The Bahamas @ Sunrise dubbed her the first winner of the Battle @ Sunrise in 2003 when she under the alias J83Blaze beat all male competitors for the title of Freestyle Champion.
Courtesy: www.bahamianproject.com || ReverbNation
MISSION: To elevate the brand of Caribbean culture in the fields of MUSIC, BUSINESS and the ARTS by celebrating the work of cultural ambassadors while advocating for upcoming Caribbean talent1.